I recently passed an exam university dedicated to the analysis of musical languages \u200b\u200byouth (in short, the rock / pop music from its birth until today). The examination was developed in the discussion of my drawn from an argument agreed with the teacher. In particular, I presented a paper on the music of the soundtrack of a film released in 1999: Magnolia, directed by Paul Thomas Anderson.
The analysis focuses on a comparison between a sequence of film where each character plays in a kind of choral , the song from the soundtrack 'Wise Up' and v ideoclip the song 'Save Me ', also part of the soundtrack of the film. The paper draws its inspiration from two 'visual texts' but devotes its major attention to the role that music and the lyrics take on the overall economy of the film. All this, accompanied by a specially edited DVD from some sequences 'extracted' from original DVD.
Why do you tell this story? Simple. The teacher who evaluated my work called it 'unfit for a course that deals with the analysis of musical languages \u200b\u200bsociosemiotics' arguing that it might be more suitable for a 'audiovisual course in semiotics'. What is the difference? In practice, the better to present this work in a course that deals with film versions, as in the case of a film. In fact, our course was chock full of 'visual tours': video clips of David Bowie and REM, the Beatles anthology celebrating the , the film 'Quadrophenia', dedicated to WHO .
What to say? I remain convinced of the goodness of my work and I think it has taken (the prof. Spaziante ) shortly to the vision of the material that I provided. Of course, if some of you (?) Would look at my developed ... feel free to leave a message in the comments and I will send him a copy !
The analysis focuses on a comparison between a sequence of film where each character plays in a kind of choral , the song from the soundtrack 'Wise Up' and v ideoclip the song 'Save Me ', also part of the soundtrack of the film. The paper draws its inspiration from two 'visual texts' but devotes its major attention to the role that music and the lyrics take on the overall economy of the film. All this, accompanied by a specially edited DVD from some sequences 'extracted' from original DVD.
Why do you tell this story? Simple. The teacher who evaluated my work called it 'unfit for a course that deals with the analysis of musical languages \u200b\u200bsociosemiotics' arguing that it might be more suitable for a 'audiovisual course in semiotics'. What is the difference? In practice, the better to present this work in a course that deals with film versions, as in the case of a film. In fact, our course was chock full of 'visual tours': video clips of David Bowie and REM, the Beatles anthology celebrating the , the film 'Quadrophenia', dedicated to WHO .
What to say? I remain convinced of the goodness of my work and I think it has taken (the prof. Spaziante ) shortly to the vision of the material that I provided. Of course, if some of you (?) Would look at my developed ... feel free to leave a message in the comments and I will send him a copy !
0 comments:
Post a Comment